The Old Man Mountain Sherpa rack is the choice if you need to fit a rack to a bike that has thru-axles and no rack attachment eyelets. The Sherpa rack can be fitted to the front or rear of almost any bike. It consists of the classic Sherpa frame that you combine with the correct fit kit for your bike: be that a dual suspension mtb, plus size tyred e-bike or whatever you want to to get set up for touring or commuting.
The Sherpa rack comes complete with all the parts needed: rack frame, thru-axle, dropouts, extenders and Pucks (for attaching top extenders to the bike)
- The Sherpa Classic Rack Frame is designed for bikes with a tire width of 3 inches or less.
- The rack tubing is 6063 welded aluminum. The main rack frame from is made of 1/2″ (13 mm) diameter tubing for durability, and the top rails are 3/8″ (10 mm) diameter to fit all panniers.
- The top deck measures 12.5″ x 5.5″ (317 mm x 140 mm.)
- The top deck includes a hole for mounting a reflector or a light.
- The extenders and the dropouts are manufactured from 6061 aluminum.
- The Rack Frame and Fit Kit are all powder-coated matte black for finish and durability.
- Thru axles provided by The Robert Axle Project, the thru axle authority.
- Thru axles are precision machined from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability.
- Stainless steel mounting hardware.
- The strongest cargo rack that fits your bike right. Approved for loads up to 70 lbs (31kg)
- Lifetime warranty.
- All parts are made in the USA.
Use the FIT KIT FINDER at Old Man Mountain to check which is the correct Fit Kit for your bike. The most popular thru-axle sizes are kept in stock but if the Fit Kit you need is not shown in the options please contact Grant at CycleTouring for assistance.