vsf fahrradmanufaktur TX-1200 Gates Pinion P1.18
The TX-1200 is the flagship model in the vsf fahrradmanufaktur expedition range with a parts list that reads like that of any world tourer’s dream bike. The highlight is the particularly durable and almost maintenance free drivetrain combination of Gates CDX carbon belt and Pinion P1.18 gearbox.
The Pinion P1.18 is a revolutionary transmission:
- 18 true gears, no overlaps, with a gear spacing of 11.5%.
- Gear range of 636%, more than any chain or hub gear
- Lightning-fast switching of any number of gears in each direction while pedalling or not.
- Sealed, sturdy housing protects the gears from dirt and damage.
- Extremely low maintenance. The gears are in an oil bath, only maintenance is an oil change every 10000km.
- Optimal weight distribution. A low, central centre of gravity and a lighter weight rear wheel improve handling, suspension and riding dynamics.
The hand-made in Germany 25CrMo4 steel frame is built up with highest quality parts giving a premium touring bike that sets new standards in quality, durability, handling characteristics and comfort. It will reliably carry you and your luggage over any roads wherever in the world your adventures take you.
The TX-1200 is an expedition bike of extra class for the cycle tourist who appreciates having the best. The bike comes complete as pictured, ready to tour, just add panniers & bags then go explore the world.
TX-1200 powered by Pinion, at home on the road.
Frame size: 52; 57; 62cm
Frame: 25CrMo4 steel, 2 times double butted with Pinion interface, Gates ready.
Colour: Ebony Matt
Headset: Ritchey Comp Logic V2
Fork: 28″ 25CrMo4 steel
Shifting system: Pinion P1.18
Brakes: Magura HS33 incl. brakebooster
Headlight: Busch & Müller Lumotec IQ-X 100 lux with standing light
Rear light: Busch & Müller Line LED with standing light
Carriers: Tubus Cargo rear, Tubus Tara lowrider
Saddle: Selle Royal Scientia
Seatpost: Humpert Skalar patent, aluminium
Pedals: VP-196 aluminium
Kickstand: Pletscher Comp rear
Stem: Humpert Piranha aluminium, A-Head, 4 point clamp
Handlebar: Humpert trekking aluminium, 47deg., 590mm
Grips: Ergon GP3
Shift lever: Pinion twist shifter
Brakelever: Magura HS33
Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Mondial 47-622 reflex
Spokes: Niro 2mm
Front hub: Shutter Precision SP PV-8 dynamo hub
Rear hub: Shimano Deore XT FH-T781
Sprocket: Gates CDX 28 tooth
Chain: Gates CDX carbon belt drive
Crankset: Pinion aluminium 170mm 30 tooth