The Elkhorn is a slender multi-tool of a rack.Whether you’re headed out to do some birding and bringing a tripod and picnic along, going on a packrafting trip for a week, a quick overnight just out of town, or riding to work, The Elkhorn is the perfect companion.
The solid deck with perimeter rail provides plentiful lashing points and the 3-pack mounts are perfect for bottle cages, cargo cages, or bolt-on bags. Ideal for keeping your gear secure and organized.
It comes ready to mount front or rear if your bike has rack mounts. If your bike doesn’t have mounts we’ve got you covered.
Stable and secure with 3-pack mounts on the uprights for your favourite cargo or bottle cages and more tie-down points on the deck than you could ever need. Front or rear compatible, the Elkhorn lets you feel the trail beneath you rather than the tail wag behind you.
Old Man Mountain racks are the most versatile racks available. Capable of mounting to suspension forks, full-suspension mountain bikes, gravel bikes, road bikes, fat bikes, even tri-bikes if that’s what you’re into.
- FRONT OR REAR: The Elkhorn is extremely versatile. It comes front or rear ready for eyelet mounting, and with OMM Fit Kits, the Elkhorn mounts on any bike or fork with ease.
- CARRY UP TO 25lbs: The Elkhorn is ready to confidently carry up to 25lbs/11.4kg, whether you’re on smooth pavement, a rugged rock garden, or with your tires off the ground.
- FITS ANY BIKE: Fit Kits to thru axle or QR skewer mount make OMM racks compatible with nearly any bike; road, gravel, full-suspension, or fat bike.
- ROOM FOR BIG TYRES: The Elkhorn comes in two sizes. The Short fits up to 27.5 x 2.8″ or 29 x 2.00″/700c x 50mm. and the Tall fits up to 29 x 3.25″ tyres with room for mud.
- 3-PACK MOUNTS: Set it up to suit your needs. With 3-pack mounts on the uprights you can carry bottles, fuel, stuff sacks, dry bags, bolt-on bags, and more.
The Elkhorn rack comes standard eyelet mount ready with extenders (top arms) for mounting to a bike with rack mounts (threaded eyelets/holes in frame) If your hardtail bike has rack mounts at the dropouts but no seatstay eyelets then the Old Man Mountain Seat Post Mount can be used to create the upper attachment point.
If your bike doesn’t have rack mounts then you need to choose the correct Fit Kit for thru-axle or quick release skewer mount. Fit Kits contain a pair of Pucks for attaching the extenders to the seat stays and a thru-axle or QR skewer. Use the below link at Old Man Mountain to find your Fit Kit. A selection of the most popular Fit Kits is usually in stock but if your Fit Kit isn’t in the options here please contact Grant at CycleTouring to check availability.
OLD MAN MOUNTAIN FIT KIT FINDER: https://oldmanmountain.com/fit-kits-and-spare-parts/
If you are battling to identify the Fit Kit you need, Please contact Grant at CycleTouring for assistance.
- Made in Taiwan from 6061 Aluminium. Tubes are 13mm diameter. Lifetime warranty.
- The deck measures 100mm by 266mm with holes for lights and plenty of slots for lashing gear. Works well with 32″ Voile straps or Adjustable bungee
- Height from mounting point to deck is 390mm on the Short and 430mm on the Tall
- Load capacity of 25lbs/11.34kg
- 3-Pack mounts on the uprights are compatible with standard bottle cages or carry large Nalgene bottles in the LiterCage; Dry bags in CargoMounts; Ortlieb Fork-Packs
If you want to fit a light to your rack, add an Old Man Mountain Light Mount to your order.
Here’s a video for front installation, similar process for the rear.